Guided day-hike through Sonfjället National Park, home of the brown bear
- Hike through Sweden’s oldest national park
- Experience different types of vegetation as we walk from dense forest to barren rock formations
- Look for and taste cloudberries, also known as ‘the Gold of Sweden’
- Sonfjället has the highest concentration of bears in Sweden
- Enjoy lunch looking out over beautiful valleys and try to spot wildlife
- We end our day with a Swedish BBQ meal at Dalsvallen
We will start our day in Dalsvallen, an old forest workers settlement which nowadays rents out cabins and camping spots. Here we will have the opportunity to get to know each other while we enjoy a ‘kokkaffe’ (or tea) and a Swedish snack. After this lunch bags will be handed out and we are ready to be on our way!
The first part of our hike takes us through dense forest in which you can almost feel the presence of brown bears.
If we’re lucky we will even find some tracks. The higher up the mountain we walk the more open the forests becomes until finally we reach the majestic open and rocky mountain area high up in the park.
After our hike back to Dalsvallen we will end our day together with a Swedish BBQ meal.
DifficultyEasy to medium. This is a hike of approximately 20 km with a good amount of altitude differences. A decent level of fitness is therefore required. Most of the time we will be hiking on good trails but in some parts there is no trail, therefore some prior hiking experience can be useful. Recommended minimum age 12 years old.
- Private tour
- Length: ca. 6-8 hours
- Bring your binoculars
- Clothing according to the layer principle
- Lunch and BBQ included
2950 sek (2 guests)
3950 sek (4 guests)
4950 sek (6 guests)
5950 sek (8 guests)